Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tap Tap Tap.....Savion Glover's @ The Joyce

If you love dance and you're anywhere nearby NYC starting today, June 21st, thru July 9th, you really would be giving yourself a treat to go see Savion Glover at The Joyce Theater. The Joyce is on 8th Ave @ 14th Street. I go every year and every year I am amazed, thrilled, and transported by Savion's tapping. I told him once that I've had 35 years of tap class and my feet can't begin to understand what he's doing. He replied very sweetly, "That's alright, Ma'am." Ma'am? Yikes! I've never seen anything quite like  his dancing. He epitomizes the phrase, "Being one with the dance and the music." There is not separation. He is drenched by the end, but it has all seemed completely effortless. The show is very different each time I see him. They are all spellbinding. I know I'll be there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment