Sunday, February 12, 2012

Raquel Welch interviewed by Dick Cavett @ the Raquel Films showing @ Walter Reade in Lincoln Center NYC

It was everything I hoped for and more. I think it was about 2 years ago that G gave me the Dick Cavett box set to watch. Hollywood Legends, Comedians, and Rock Stars. I savored every moment watching the dashing wit and charm of Dick Cavett go one on one with the likes of Marlon Brando, John Lennon, Janis Joplin, Betty Davis, Gloria Swanson and on and on. One of my favorites was one with Janis Joplin and Raquel on the same show. Check it out. The DVD, I mean. Fabulous. So here we are last night, front row, Dick Cavett and Raquel smack in front of us just like time standing still and sticking you smack in the middle where you reveled at the glorious antics you saw on  film. Now, live. And if that isn't enough, just before the Q & A began prior to the showing of The Three Muskateers, I asked Dick Cavett if I could have a photo with him. He delivered with one of his great lines: "I thought you'd never ask."

And for the second night Raquel looked spectacular. She's very funny. And so nice. Since this blog is about movies, Broadway, and books, I have to mention that her book is now out in paperwork and it is really good. She wrote the entire book herself and it is also full of beauty tips that are good to know. Obviously they work for her.

Tonight. Kansas City Bomber. More pictures tomorrow.







 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment