Friday, June 3, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I attended a class this week and some of the other class participants were in the publishing business. They spoke of a book called 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins; the first book of a trilogy. They raved about these books. And I, being the crazed reader that I am, couldn't even wait to get to a bookstore to buy it and whispered it over to my Kindle. I read the first page this morning and know that I am going to love this book. Suzanne Collins can write. I also hear they are making it into a movie. More to come as I learn more.

Check out the long description on this site:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

If you read all the way to the bottom of the page linked above, you will see that even Stephen King gave it a thumbs up.

I shot an e-mail off to the wonderful person who mentioned the book, and she asked me if I would like to read another book she found to be fantastic and due to be released this summer.

Stay tuned for that one. I don't even know the title yet.
And I'll add my own review of 'The Hunger Games' in a few days when I finish it.

 She did tell me that the book she is sending me is an historical romance which is really funny because a long, long time ago in a far off place, I used to write those. I googled the old thing to show her and lo and behold.... found this:
UnexpectedUnexpected [Broché]


Suzie  Morris (Auteur)

Soyez la première personne à écrire un commentaire sur cet article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temporairement en rupture de stock.

Commandez maintenant et nous vous livrerons cet article lorsqu'il sera disponible. Nous vous enverrons un e-mail avec une date d'estimation de livraison dès que nous aurons plus d'informations. Cet article ne vous sera facturé qu'au moment de son expédition.

Expédié et vendu par Amazon.fr. Emballage cadeau disponible.

So I guess you can buy a copy in France. But I wouldn't recommend it.....
I've turned my attention to screenwriting. Like I said, that was long ago.
But it will be kind of nice to receive my comp book and see what is going
on in that world now.

















No comments:

Post a Comment