Sunday, October 14, 2012

Secret Screening of 'Lincoln' and Steven Spielberg, Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field

This week rocked, beginning Monday. Pretty much that's why it's Sunday and I'm just getting to the blog part.

I'm sorry I have no pictures to share for this one, but it was top, top secret. I had no idea what I was getting. Like a grab bag. No cameras, no phone.

Richard Pena, director of NYFF (accent mark on the n in his name), came out and said, "Here's Steven Spielberg." I gasped. Whoopi Goldberg sat behind me for a while. I loved the Vans she was wearing. I wanted to tell her I love lots of her stuff, but I behaved.

He introduced his film, coming out later this year, 'Lincoln' and said it wasn't finished. I couldn't tell.

Don't miss it. Daniel Day-Lewis makes Lincoln pretty. I've never seen that before. Tommy Lee Jones is awesome too. I love listening to Lincoln's voice the entire way through. Steven Spielberg said in the Q and A that followed the screening that Daniel created his historic characterization all the way.

They had real historic artifacts in the movie. Put this one on the top of your 'Must See List.'

No comments:

Post a Comment