Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Q and A with the writer, director and stars of "Killer Joe"

Last night, 7/24/12, @ the Walter Reade Theatre in NYC, there was a screening of "Killer Joe," a film written by Tracy Letts, directed by William Friedkin, and starring, Matthew McConaughey, Gina Gershon, Thomas Haden Church, and Juno Temple.

I'm not into dark, brutal flicks, but this movie is awesome in spite of repelling my sensitive nature. It's incredible visually. So many movies that are full of gore are grainy. Not this one. I felt as if I were in the room with these characters.

Tracy Letts said he wrote the story 20 years ago. He is an excellent scribe and William Friedkin made this story marvelous on film. Although the characters are all damaged in a way that made me care about them. Great
acting by all. And an excellent Q and A session.













Go to           http://youtu.be/GGKhAtBdpJE to see some video. It's sideways I don't know why. If you do, please let me know. I'll fix it. And here are lots of pictures I took during.....

No comments:

Post a Comment