Sunday, June 19, 2011

Anticipation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 with a story of Warwick Davis

I'm ready, but I'm not. I can't wait to see the last Harry Potter movie, but I can wait because it is the last. I know something else will come along to be exciting, maybe created by me. Hopefully. I will do my best. But it will be just as it was with the last book. Couldn't wait to get it, read it super fast, and then ...... 

I bought my DVD of Deathly Hallows, Part 1. Watched it. I'm ready. I already blogged about my evening in Daniel Radcliffe's presence and how awesome he was. Which reminds me....He said that the worst part of making the movies was when he had to put on a lot of that goop that changes your appearance. He said that "Warwick Davis is a Saint ," because he has to do it so often. Warwick plays quite a few characters in the Harry Potter films. He's Professor Flitwick and Griphook to name two. And this brings me to my story. It isn't a new story, but it's a good one.


Quite a while back, I went to a comic book store. A huge comic book store. It's called Acme Comics and it is in Longwood, FL. It's the biggest comic book store I've ever seen. It is an awesome place. I had heard about it and thought often of going, but finally, for my daughter's birthday, I thought I had to make the trip. There were some action figures she wanted and what better place to find them. So on a sunny, warm Saturday, I drove to Longwood. I make my lefthand turn and see the store right there on the right. Standing at the curb leading into the parking spaces, stood Batman. A rather pitiful looking Batman. He was kind of lumpy and had a pouchy stomach. He had no muscles to speak of, but he was in full costume and waving people into the parking area. I really was the only person around. When I parked I saw that no one else was there. Could this place really be so spectacular as I'd heard with it's empty lot on a Saturday? I got out of my car and went inside and know I must have gasped. Comic books and action figures as far as I could see. Star Wars, The Simpsons, Buffy, Angel, Spawn and on and on. I went on a frenzy. One for my daughter, one for me, one for her, and one for me. Soon I was piled high with more action figures than I could carry. That's when Batman appeared again. He said he would like to help me and he carried all the things I'd collected so far up to the front desk. I didn't see another soul in the store. Batman had freed me of my stuff and had gone too. I wandered toward the back of the store and that's when I saw Warwick. He was sitting there with lots of 8x10's around him of himself as different characters. How cool is this, I thought. I said, "Hi Warwick. I'm Suzie. I love all the movies you're in." He said, "Thank you." I told him it was going to be my daughter's birthday and I would like him to autograph one of those photos for her and I wanted one for myself too. I chose a different one for each of us and he wrote happy birthday on Amber's and personalized mine. We still have them and they are treasures. I talked to Warwick a while and found him to be very kind and nice. Soon after the owner of the store arrived and started telling Warwick that he needed to come back and go fishing with him. He said he lived on a lake and they would do that next time.. Warwick asked if they had alligators in the lake. And I found it all very funny to hear this very southern man inviting a British actor to go fishing. Next thing I know, Batman returns. He said to me, "I wish everyone who came in here was like you." I have no idea why. And couldn't compare since I was still the only customer. Batman then told me that he wanted to carry all my packages out for me. I guess he checked out my purchases and noticed a lot of Buffy items. He asked me if I liked vampires. I said, "I like Buffy and Angel." He placed all of my items in my trunk and told me to wait right there. He ran back and pulled out a plastic container with a lot of different teeth in it. He snapped two on where his real teeth, grabbed my arm, and bit me. He broke the skin and my arm started to bleed. I jerked it back and got in my car, thinking what an odd day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment