Monday, August 1, 2011

What a weekend...Harry Potter again, Daniel Radcliffe again, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Pilobulus

I haven't stopped smiling for 2 days. Come to think of it, that's nothing new, but there is a different feeling around the smiles. More excitement. It was a stellar weekend for sure.

First there was my second time seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. That was Friday night. Saturday morning I saw Stupid, Crazy, Love. I would have liked a lot more of Ryan Gosling in that. But straight from that movie to The Joyce Theater to see 'Pilobulus.' It has been a very long time since I last saw them live and they are still fantastic. Those bodies are extraordinary.....










And then....yesterday....got front row tickets to How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying...which was tremendous and sensational and total fun. Daniel Radcliffe was not Harry Potter, but a fabulous actor performing another incredible role. Dancing his heart out and looking skilled and awesome performing. Wow and wow and woooooeeeee. And it didn't stop there....front row again after the show. He took my Playbill to sign and I said, "You were fabulous." He looked at me with the big blue eyes and said, "Thank you very much." I was asked if he has an English accent in the play. No. Totally American. But when he thanked me he was British again. Just goes to show you that he will be entertaining us for a long time to come if he desires to do so because he is multi-talented, sincerly kind, super intelligent (Know this from listening to him talk to Jordan Roth at the YMCA, see older blog), and on and on. But all so true. I am beyond grateful for these experiences. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Here's some pics from yesterday.  John Larroquette and Christopher J. Hanke in the photos were spectacular in How to Succeed and charming and nice. The entire cast is super. The sets are great. The music is great. Get there if you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment