Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kevin Smith Rocks and dreams come true

Last night I experienced a dream come true. Again. Happening so often lately. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. So grateful.

At least 10 or 12 years ago I cut out pictures of all the screenwriters and directors and actors I wanted to meet. I've been busy checking off that list and last night was a big one. Kevin Smith. I think one of the reasons I was so often reminded of how much I loved Kevin's movies: 'Clerks,' 'Chasing Amy,' 'Mall Rats,' and 'Dogma,' and 'Silent Bob and Jay Strike Back,' and so on was because I would send off to Kevin's store in New Jersey and order stuff. I have every 'Clerks' action figure and they were always positioned right next to my computer to remind me. I still have them, but in NYC with space limitations as they are, they're in storage right now. In addition to the action figures, I had magnets of 'Silent Bob and Jay,' and other fun things like a dog, giant bong, etc...on my fridge for years.

Kevin wrote a new book, 'Tough Shit,' and was at Barnes and Noble in Union Square to do a signing.

If you read this blog, you know that I attend quite a few of these types of things and have a great time meeting people and am even a bigger fan after meeting them. But Kevin takes the prize. He talked for 90 minutes and never even sat down. He stood up and talked with every single person for as long as they liked and signed his book and took photos and entertained and made us laugh and inspired us. It was just a dream coming true with a cherry on top kind of thing.....Thank you, Kevin Smith. You rock.

Wish everyone could have been there. Here's some pictures for you from last night....





No comments:

Post a Comment