Saturday, September 29, 2012

The 50th New York Film Festival and Directors Dialogues with Ang Lee

The 50th New York Film Festival started last night with 'The Life of Pi,' Ang Lee's latest film.

I went to the first of the Directors Dialogues  today and listened to Ang Lee talk about his career. I've been a fan since I saw 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' when it came out. He makes the most beautiful movies.

They talked about his variety in film choices: 'Sense and Sensibility,' 'Hulk,' 'Brokeback Mountain,' and 'The Ice Storm.'

Where many directors have a theme, Ang Lee does it all, but each one he does with such beauty. There's a dance of color and expression, a visual feast for the eyes if you ask me and I haven't even seen 'The Life of Pi' yet. The trailers tell me that it will be just as magnificent. The only reason I missed it was because tickets were gone so quickly.

But tomorrow, I got lucky. I am going to see 'Hyde Park on the Hudson' with Bill Murray. Excited!!!

Here are some pictures of Ang Lee from today's talk.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment