Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anonymous, Tower Heist, The Rum Diary, and Crazy Love

The four movies I've seen in the past 2 weeks are very different kinds of movies. Tower Heist is carrying that message that so many movies are telling us about: corruption, greed, evil at the top....But it is funny. Really funny. I laughed out loud which I'm not prone to do in a movie theatre unless really, really finding it funny. I love that Eddie Murphy and Tea Leoni is great. I always like Casey Affleck who reminded me more of brother Ben in this one than he ever has before. It was something about his expressions and mannerisms or something.

The Rum Diary, the first one I went to was great. Johnny Depp. Need I say more? How great he is! Come to think of it, it had that message too. Greed. Corruption. The rich taking advantage of the poor. Yep. It sure did. How about that... Hunter S. Thompson wrote the fictional work in the early sixties, but it wasn't published until 1998. Kinda sounds like my stuff!!! Taking years to see the light, I mean.... :) Hunter was only 22 years old when he wrote it and he did go to Puerto Rico to work on a paper and did meet some weird people.

Crazy Love. Couldn't wait to see this one either because it stars Anton Yelchin who I think is fantastic. Have you seen Charlie Bartlett? House of D? If not, you may not know this young actor, but he is definitely worth watching.

Anonymous. I was very excited about seeing this movie too. Mark Rylance is in it. He is tremendous. Of course. And Vanessa Redgrave. Awesome.  It is proving to be a great year end on Broadway and at the movies. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment