Saturday, September 24, 2011

Movie choice so far this weekend.....'Drive'

It was a toss up until the last minute, 'Drive or Moneyball?' For some reason I picked 'Drive.' Ryan Gosling is busy these days, isn't he? I just saw him in 'Crazy, Stupid, Love.' Not enough of him in that for sure. As a matter of fact, he's the reason I went to see that movie. Well, he's on screen all the time in 'Drive.' wa hoo. He's a quiet character in this film. Not a big talker. I like that characteristic. As I sat watching the look on his face as he drove the car, I was thinking about what another character in the movie said about him as a driver. He said, There's something special about him. I've never seen anyone drive like that. I'm not putting that in quotes because I'm sure I'm paraphrasing. You get the gist. But the look on Ryan's face when he was driving was so focused that it so easy for me to believe that he was the best. Anyone who can focus that intently on anything, has to excel at it. And he drives a lot in it.

The movie also has Carey Mulligan as Irene. Irene? That's a new one for a young person. Last time I saw her was with Shia Lebeouf in 'Wall Street Money Never Sleeps.' Lucky girl.

Stay tuned....I'm still going to see Moneyball.....but if you're in the mood for a bit of nail biting, some violence (ugh) and an interesting story that keeps you very interested, take a gander at 'Drive.' You'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment