Friday, January 25, 2013

'The Dude and the Zen Master' and 'The Big Lebowski' coming up and 'Glengarry Glen Ross'

 Things are looking up. I can post pictures again. I've been reading 'The Dude and the Zen Master' by Jeff Bridges and Barry Glassman.  Tonight even. And, as often happens when you pick up a book and begin to read, something that is troubling you, is answered. Jeff and Barry did a signing of this book at Barnes and Noble and I was all set to go, but then... something happened. I was disappointed because Jeff is a favorite and Barry is all Zen, but I went to see Bebe Neuwirth that night instead. The play Bebe was in was excellent so I didn't feel terribly disappointed since I have met Jeff before and he was fantastic. It's in an earlier post.

   Tonight, I had plans go awry again and was a bit disappointed and decided to just read. I picked up the book where I had left off, and the first message I come across is "treat others and you want to be treated." Like The Dude, I'm a peaceful person, but stuff happens. People are cruel, selfish, thoughtless, real shitheads. Thank you for identifying with me right when I needed it, Dude!!!  :) 

 When I last met Jeff he signed a DVD he had released and a copy of 'The Big Lebowski.' I'm going to watch it again and since reading the book, it will be extra awesome.

 Last weekend I made it to 'Glengarry Glen Ross' on Broadway, the David Mamet play, starring Al Pacino, John C. McGinley and Richard Schiff. Dynamic. Great performances and Al Pacino was great to everyone after the show, signing playbills and posing as were John and Richard.

 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment