Saturday, June 9, 2012

Joan Rivers has a hilarious new book out: "I Hate Everyone Starting With Me"

Tuesday night, following the Fred and Adele Astaire awards night, I went to see Joan Rivers at Barnes and Noble in Union Square. Joan turned 79 years young this week. She is more incredible than ever. Energetic. The funniest comedian ever. Gracious. All wonderful things, deserving the success she has. The place was packed. I was reading a page from her book before she arrived and started laughing uncontrollably as I'm often prone to do. It became so insane that the row in front of me turned to ask what was so funny. They started laughing too just because I couldn't stop. I'm not going to tell you what it was. Read the book. No, I'm not her publicist. Just a huge fan. I did tell her about it when she was signing my book. She squeezed my hand and said, "Good." Here are some pictures from Tuesday night and a few photos from past nights when I had the good fortune to meet Joan after her shows. On Tuesday night in these pictures she is entertaining everyone by spontaneously answering audience questions.





No comments:

Post a Comment