Saturday, December 3, 2011

Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Movies!!!

Tis the season to see all the great stuff! The time of the year when all the best movies come out and there is not lack of fantastic entertainment on and off-Broadway....

I saw 'My Week With Marilyn' and 'The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn' Part 1 this week. And today I saw a really great off-Broadway play called 'Standing on Ceremony' with Mark Consuelos, Richard Thomas, Harriet Harris, Polly Draper, Craig Bierko and Beth Leavel.

Tomorrow is the best of all: Hugh Jackman on Broadway AGAIN!

'My Week with Marilyn' was really good. Michelle Williams did a great job. I think she channeled Marilyn a few times in it and she had her voice down throughout. It's a very pretty film with a nice story. And don't forget that Emma Watson is in it.

Last night I saw the 'Breaking Dawn' movie. Late for me to see a movie after it's been out for 2 weeks, but I just thought it would be awful. The last one was. My friend and I have seen the first 3 and he didn't want to go either. But then, a few people told me it was really good so I went. Yes, the dialogue is still really, really, really goofy sometimes and just kinda lame the rest of the time, but this one was my favorite of the bunch. It ain't no Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but.. I like it.

And then today, on this absolutely magnificent, beautiful NYC day, I went to see 'Standing on Ceremoney.' 'The Gay Marriage Plays.' It was excellent. Like 'Love, Loss, and What I Wore,' it has a rotating cast. Their are nine short plays by tremendous playwrights. I saw  Richard Thomas in the wonderful play, 'Race' with James Spader and Kerry Washington and then today I was thinking that now Richard Thomas is in a play with another Boston Legal (one of my favorite all time tv shows), Craig Bierko, who play Jeff Coho. Here's some pics.







No comments:

Post a Comment